Suggestion for RedZone explanation

Forums Guest Forum Suggestion for RedZone explanation

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    lrk1964
    Participant

Hello JAH warrior crew.
      1 – Let me first start of by saying how grateful I am to be able to play on your awesome JAH servers. Much appreciated and I continue to have a BF3-blast every time I log into them.
      Again: Thank you all very much for keeping the BF3 spirit alive and kicking

2 – When I learned how to find out which rules <rules!> run on which JAH BF3 multiplayer server (JAH9 Markaz Monolith) , I encountered the term [RedZone]. Since I did not know what it was I scraped the JAH  websites and other online outlet, looking for a clue what a Redzone exactly was.

The only thing i could find was this forum-posting over here
      https://jah-warriors.com/forums/topic/rules-and-boundaries-b-only-in-metro-24-7-servers/

But this forum posting + images only shows redzones on your dedicated Metro Servers (and not all other 8 BF3 servers)

3 – So I started to ask around – via the BF3 ingame chat – until I encountered some of the real-life JAH admins, very busy kicking other redzone-abusing players from the servers

So I started thinking towards “a concept /  a permanent solution” since… 9assuming good intentions here) “How can BF3 multi-player obey red-zone rules if they can not an actual definition and image of the redzones on the JAH (and many other BF3) server maps? (since – from my own experience there seem to be a LOT of confusion about this topic – for years now)

4 – I have come up with this proposal, and I am curious what you think of this (see image)
      I have used my “favourite” JAH9 BF3 “Markaz Monolith” satellite map as example.

Why:
      – “Since a crystal-clear picture is worht a million words”
      – “To get all bf3multiplayer visually/ mentally on the same page (again)”
      This image clearly shows the redzones and RU/US base-boundaries of the map.
      So after seeing this image, everyone knows the rules (visually)

Question:

Please let me know what you think of this proposal ?

Note:
      Special thanks to JAH admin [DrRuessel], for pointing me in the right direction to share this proposal with the rest of the JAH community.

unrooly
      Participant

irk1964, thank you for the excellent map highlighting the red zone areas. This is my interpretation too of which areas, not always shaded red, should be included in the definition of red zone. The standard in-game map will highlight all red zone areas except that which encompasses your own base. Through experience of playing on each team, you get to know where the bounds of your base area red zone is.

The red zone camping is a huge issue for me. I give any enemy player the space to leave their base area red zone, but too often, I am repeatedly shot at from the base area red zone from the enemy heli or from armoured vehicles. There are some players that I repeatedly warn regarding the red zone rules, and while they understand what I am saying, they simply just ignore it.  I am trolled by some players regarding this with comments such as “file a report” (or worse!) when I state the rules to them.  For example, I was at A the other day in the heli and the enemy heli was on its way out of their base next to A. I attempted to move away from the area only to be shot. I didn’t shoot or shoot back, keeping in mind the baserape and red zone rules, but in the end I just deliberately crashed and died.

My view is that everyone abides by the rules or no-one abides by them. I’m repeatedly damaged or killed by the same people breaking the same rules. It’s not a language barrier and they are not stupid – they know what they are doing. Perhaps a clearer definition of the base area red zone in the in-game rules may help, but my feeling is that the rules might simply be better with the restriction on the red zone camping removed. I’d be a hell of a lot more aggressive when it comes to seeing a vehicle approaching me from the base area.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 4 weeks ago by unrooly.
        • This reply was modified 9 months, 4 weeks ago by unrooly.
        kikaider69
        Participant

I was not aware of any rules regarding the ‘red zone’  i am still trying to level my armamenets 8 years later. 🙂 so what happened to server #7?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.